High Frequency Board
High Frequency Board Manufacturer & Assembly – One-stop service
The high frequency board is a special circuit board with a high electromagnetic frequency. Generally speaking, which can be defined as a frequency above 1 GHz. Its physical properties, precision, and technical parameters are very high, and it is often used in automotive anti-collision systems, satellite systems, radio systems, etc., and is expensive.
With the development of wireless networks and satellite communications, the high-speed and high-frequency information products, and the standardization of voice, video, and data for wireless transmission of communication products with large capacity and high speed, the high frequency of electronic devices is a development trend, so development A new generation of products requires high-frequency substrates.
High-frequency and induction heating technology currently have the highest heating efficiency and the fastest environmental protection for metal materials. It has been widely used in various industries for the thermal processing, heat treatment, thermal assembly and welding, smelting and other processes of metal materials. It not only heats the whole workpiece but also localized heating of the workpiece. At the same time, It also can realize deep heat penetration of the workpiece, or it can only concentrate on the surface and surface layer; not only can the metal material be directly heated, but also non-metal. The material is indirectly heated.
The high-frequency board is usually pressed with FR4 fiberglass board and is pressed by a whole piece of epoxy glass cloth. The color is uniform and bright. The density is larger than the low-frequency board. Generally, high-frequency boards are used in circuits with a frequency of 1 G or more. Its dielectric constant is the key, it must be small and stable, the dielectric loss is small, and it is not easy to absorb moisture, moisture, corrosion, and other excellent properties.
Characteristics of the high frequency board:
1. The dielectric constant (Dk) must be small and stable, usually as small as possible. The signal transmission rate is inversely proportional to the square root of the material’s dielectric constant, and the high dielectric constant is liable to cause signal transmission delay.
2. The dielectric loss (Df) must be small. This mainly affects the quality of signal transmission. The smaller the dielectric loss, the smaller the signal loss.
3. The coefficient of thermal expansion of the copper foil is as uniform as possible. Because the inconsistency will cause the copper foil to separate during the cold and hot changes.
4. Low water absorption. High water absorption will affect the dielectric constant and dielectric loss during moisture.
5. Other heat resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, peel strength, etc. must also be good.
1. Impedance control requirements are strict, relative linewidth control is very strict, and the general tolerance is about 2%.
2. Due to the special plate, the adhesion of PTH to copper is not high. It is usually necessary to roughen the via and surface by means of plasma processing equipment to increase the adhesion of PTH hole copper and solder resist ink.
3. Do not grind the plate before soldering, otherwise, the adhesion will be very poor, and it can only be roughened with micro-etching water.
4. PTFE is part of most boards. There are many burrs formed by ordinary milling cutters, and special milling cutters are required.
5. The high-frequency circuit board is a special circuit board with a high electromagnetic frequency. Generally, which can be defined as a frequency above 1 GHz.