Why use PCB prototypesPosted on 2020-07-17
Why We Should Use PCB Prototype
Reasons for using PCB prototypes
When developing new PCB-based designs, you may experience many design iterations. You need to be able to quickly test new designs in order to complete production in time, because an excessively long design process may result in lost revenue. The rapid speed of our prototyping service combined with testing the design before completing production runs can minimize wasted project expenses and maximize your investment.
Standard production operations will also increase rapidly in terms of cost. The sooner you discover a design flaw or inefficiency in the PCB design, the lower the cost of solving the problem. If you don’t use a prototype board to test your design, then later in the production run. That is to say, after you have invested a lot of money to produce a standard PCB, you may not encounter problems. Our prototyping service is also suitable for small batch production and requires at least five boards.
Engineers also often use PCB prototypes to test a single function of more complex products containing multiple PCBs. Before adding the next level of functionality, they will order prototypes that perform the most basic functions. If you do not test the function separately, you may encounter performance problems in the subsequent process. And you are not sure which board is causing the problem. By gradually prototyping each function, you can save a lot of time and resources.
Once you have fully verified your design through the prototype board. You can continue with the standard production run, which has tighter manufacturing tolerances, can handle more functions and can include larger orders. As part of our standard production products, we provide manufacturing design analysis to help identify any issues that may affect manufacturing. If we find any potential problems, we will contact you to develop the necessary solution.
If you are developing new products or redesigning, you may benefit from our PCB prototypes production services. Before you invest a lot of time and money into the project, it will help you discover any potential problems or changes you may wish to make to your design. This will increase the bottom line of your project, resulting in a higher quality end product and contribute to its overall success.
PCB prototypes advantages
Choosing to order PCB prototypes instead of going directly to standard production runs offers many advantages. In almost any situation involving new or updated designs, PCB prototyping can prove beneficial. The advantages of using our PCB prototyping services include:
- Fast turnaround time: We can produce PCB prototypes faster than standard production PCBs. We can complete prototype orders in just a few days. Our standard production board build time is 3 to 18 days, while our prototype build time is only 2 to 5 days. This rapid turnaround means that you can start testing new designs faster and keep the project moving at a sufficient speed.
- Ability to detect defects early: Prototyping enables you to be in the early stages of the product development process. Catch design flaws before you invest too much time and money in problem design. Making engineering changes early in the process will avoid a series of potential problems that may affect all aspects of the project. Fixing problems later in the process will be more complicated and costly.
- Ability to test components individually: For components involving multiple complex PCB-based projects, it is useful to test different components separately. By verifying each component individually, you can identify any problems that may occur. Without this, it is difficult to determine the problem. Then, you must order another complete multi-PCB assembly or start to break it down into individual parts. This is more efficient from the beginning of the process.
- Accurately express standard PCB performance: A high-quality PCB prototypes can accurately indicate that the final production mode component will be executed. Despite the lower tolerances, they still give you an idea of what to expect when starting a standard production run.
- Efficient project completion: Using PCB prototypes, you can discover and correct design flaws early and quickly identify components that need adjustment. Without prototyping, discovering the causes of defects and insufficient performance will be more time-consuming. And it may greatly extend the time frame of the project, which may lead to loss of revenue and customer dissatisfaction.
- Reduce the overall cost: Prototyping can also reduce the overall cost of the project. By helping you find problems faster, it enables you to fix them before investing in large-scale standard production runs. By identifying problems in simpler product versions, you can redesign simpler components without having to generate the entire project, which will cost more.
- Improved final product: PCB prototypes design helps to focus on perfecting each PCB and component. In order to achieve a higher quality design. It can also help you avoid any undetected failures that may appear in the final product and cause more serious problems.
Due to the benefits provided by PCB prototypes, it is recommended for most cases involving new or revised PCB designs. Once you take advantage of the features that the prototype must provide for the project, you can continue with standard production operations.
For more information, please contact us.